Posted November 1, 2017
The holidays are filled with many wonderful experiences that revolve around family and friends, not to mention tasty sweets and tempting foods. It’s easy to go overboard in enjoying these festive days and become stressed, overwhelmed and sick.
Review five ways employees can stay healthy over the holidays.
1. Take time to exercise each day. In the hustle and bustle of holiday activities, you may forget to set aside time for yourself. Maintain your regular fitness schedule, or start one today! You will be amazed at how much better you feel.
2. Watch your intake of sweets, foods and drinks. Balance the amount of delicious treats, alcoholic drinks and rich foods with more nutritious, healthy choices. Your body will thank you!
3. Rest and relax. It’s fun to participate in many holiday activities, parties and gatherings, but it’s also easy to become exhausted and worn out. Get adequate sleep and rest, and the holidays will be more enjoyable.
4. Invest time with family and special friends. During the holiday season, people often remember family members and friends that are no longer with them. Many become depressed as they struggle to cope without these special individuals. Take time to enjoy your memories of previous fun times, but also look for opportunities to invest time in others who would appreciate your extra care and attention.
5. Don’t feel guilty. Often we set high expectations for the holidays, from finding just the right gift, to decorating with the latest trimmings. It can be exhausting to accomplish all the items on your list. Instead of making yourself feel guilty because you can’t get everything done, streamline your efforts by shopping from home and taking advantage of speedy delivery options. Set aside elaborate decorating plans and focus on creating fun and comfortable holiday experiences with family and friends.
Resolve to enjoy your holidays with good health.