Posted September 13, 2016
Many Americans take excellent care of their teeth and gums. They visit the dentist once or twice a year for exams and cleanings. But often they don’t use a lot of their annual maximum benefit. Wouldn’t it be nice to reward employees for good oral health? Employers who offer Ameritas group dental benefits can! Just include Dental Rewards® or Preventive Plus℠.
Dental Rewards Increases the Annual Maximum
Add the Dental Rewards feature so qualified plan members can carry over a portion of their unused annual maximum benefit to the next year. This amount is added to the annual maximum and available for future covered dental procedures.
In addition, with Dental Rewards:
- Visit an Ameritas dental network provider and qualify for an extra carry over amount
- Plan members qualify for carry over when the dental claims they submit during the plan year are less than the Dental Reward’s annual benefit threshold amount
- Members may carry over and increase their annual maximum up to a specified amount
Preventive Plus Reinforces Good Oral Health
Daily toothbrushing and flossing is vital to keeping your teeth and gums healthy. And regular dental exams and cleanings are important preventive steps to identifying oral and other health concerns at an early stage.
With Preventive Plus:
- Claims for Type 1 Preventive covered dental procedures are not deducted from the plan member’s annual maximum benefit; a typical preventive visit includes one exam, one cleaning and one set of bitewing x-rays; most Ameritas Group dental plans allow for two preventive visits a year, six months apart
- Saves the entire annual maximum amount for other covered plan services, such as Type 2/Basic, Type 3/Major and applicable Type 4/Select dental procedures; these dental services can include fillings, crowns, bridges, root canals, extractions and anesthesia based on plan design
Both Dental Rewards and Preventive Plus were designed to reward and promote good dental hygiene, which helps employees look and feel their best. Choose one or both options to get the most mileage from your Ameritas Group dental plan.
Learn more about Ameritas dental programs at www.ameritas.com.