Posted May 12, 2015
Relevance: “The ability to retrieve material that satisfies the needs of the user.” Merriam Webster’s
Broker relevance is a term that is discussed in many industry and community circles. But what does it take to be relevant? Let’s explore three characteristics.
- Customer expertise – In order to satisfy employers and employee needs with the right benefits packages, brokers should thoroughly understand the challenges, needs and opportunities they face. Know your clients’ industries, current issues and future trends.
- Fresh ideas – After gathering information from employers and employees, work with an insurance sales representative to identify new benefits and plan designs that address those expectations. If employers struggle with employee engagement, offering an assortment of perks may not solve the problem. Instead explore ideas to improve morale and job satisfaction, including:
- providing challenging work and community service opportunities
- improving benefits
- educating employees on evaluating coverage needs and options
- Valuable team member – Being relevant means you’re more than a vendor who comes around several times during the year to check in or update policies. Instead, strive to be a trusted partner employers appreciate for the innovative solutions you offer. By demonstrating a thorough understanding of the issues, you become indispensable and soon are considered a valuable team member.
Join us for our Twitter Chat May 26, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. CST to further explore staying relevant in today’s health insurance marketplace. Some of the key topics include:
- How the ACA has affected your business
- How to help clients determine the coverage they need
- How you see employee benefits contributing to employee engagement
All you have to do is follow @AmeritasGroup and #BrokerTalk on Twitter on May 26, at 12:00 p.m. CST. See what others are experiencing, and share your thoughts. Tell all your broker friends! We can’t wait for the #BrokerTalk on May 26.