Posted June 3, 2016
Secure, easy to use, convenient: Ameritas dental, vision and hearing care benefits information is available at any time on any electronic device. Learn about three valuable benefits of connecting with the Ameritas group division online:
1. Secure – Plan members have a password-protected personalized account to access their benefits information. Members can safely access:
- plan summaries and certificates of coverage.
- ID cards and Rx eyewear member savings cards as applicable.
- claims updates showing how coverage is calculated, when payments are distributed and remaining benefits.
- explanation of Benefits statements (EOBs) electronically when signed up through their account.
2. Easy to use – Members can find a range of resources to help them understand and use their benefits. They can:
- search for a dental or vision provider and review details in English or Spanish.
- download a variety of forms for doing business.
- consult a glossary of dental terms and frequently asked questions.
- learn how to submit a claim or pretreatment estimate for services.
- nominate a dentist or specialist to be part of the provider network.
3. Convenient – In addition to benefits information, members have 24/7 access to dental health tools and articles. These include:
- dental report cards that assess the member’s current oral health status based on claims and submitted procedures.
- the dental cost estimator tool that shows a range of usual and customary dental charges for a procedure in a specific ZIP code.
- savings cards for pharmacy and prescription eyewear.
- wellness and educational articles, blogs and videos and information about Affordable Care Act.