Posted October 16, 2017
Over 48 million Americans have hearing loss, reports the Center for Hearing and Communication. Hearing impairment can occur at any age, as evidenced by these statistics:
- 15 percent of children ages 6 to 19 have measurable hearing loss in at least one ear. Even mild hearing loss can cause a child to miss classroom discussions.
- 14 percent of adults ages 45 to 64 have some type of hearing loss.
- 33 percent of adults over age 65 have hearing problems.
Less than 25 percent of those who need hearing aids actually get them. Some people wait up to seven years before purchasing hearing aids. Common concerns are hearing aids cost, scheduling conflicts and lack of time.
These problems may be resolved with iHear hearing aids , which feature an online hearing solution. Here are some important things to know:
- Determine level of hearing loss – The first step is to order the iHearTest kit (only $69). With this device, you can test your hearing from the convenience of your own home.
- Fit and program – After the hearing evaluation is complete, order the iHear hearing aid. It is shipped right to your door. The device comes pre-programmed based off the results from your iHearTest or an audiogram. The device is adjusted for your optimal hearing.
- Lower cost – Since the iHear hearing aid can be calibrated online, costs for fittings and adjustments are significantly reduced. This device is only $399 per ear when you purchase a pair, significantly less than traditional hearing aids.
- Smaller size – Most hearing aids are bulky, and it’s very evident when you have one in. iHear is so small it’s practically invisible. You can choose from three options, the iHearHD, the iHear Max, or the Eva.
Visit ameritas.com/listen to order your device.
Enter AM10 at checkout to receive 10% off and free shipping on your hearing aid.