Posted December 13, 2012
Most people have experienced that restless itch of wanting to do something more in their professions, such as reenergizing products and services that will take their business to the next level. Many business leaders struggle to keep their work fresh and their business competitive, while struggling financially to keep afloat. But oftentimes it is a matter of survival.
Recently an article in the Ventura County Star, “Small Business Owners Reinvest to Survive and Grow,” identifies the challenges businesses face when determining how to move forward and continue meeting customers’ needs. The article contains lessons about keeping work engaging, interesting and valid. The key points are:
- Focus on the strengths or abilities that set you apart from others
- Identify an underserved market niche you can fill
- Develop creative and compelling packaging for products and services
- Connect with consumers with stories and descriptions that grab attention
- Focus on flexibility by customizing products and services to fit customers’ needs
What are you doing to keep your work or business competitive, exciting and attractive to customers?